Llocs d''interés

  • Goya Museum

    2 Rue de l'Hôtel de ville, Castres, France .

    Goya, but also Zurbaran, Picasso, Dali, Velasquez, El Greco...
    Our little museum offers the widest Spanish collection in France after Le Louvre, covering 600 years of Spanish painting.

    Opening hours

    - July and August: everyday from 10AM to 6PM
    - Otherwise, closed on Monday, January 1st, May 1st, November 1st, December 25th 
    - April, May, June, September : 9AM-12AM and 2PM-6PM
    - October to March: 9AM-12AM and 2PM-5PM
    - Opens at 10AM on Sundays

    Adults: €5.00
    Reduced: €2.50 (groups, students)
    Children (under 18): free

    Audioguide : €2.00

    Not possible with a wheel chair.

  • Jean Jaurès' Museum

    Place Pelisson, Castres, France .

    Dedicated to the father of Socialism in France, this museum offers an fascinating insght in French Politics at the begining of the 20th Century.

    Press cartoons, photos, films, a lot to learn !

  • The Garden of Eveche (bishop's)

    5 Rue de l'Évêché, Castres, France .

    Le Nôtre, gardener of Versailles

    He designed this garden realised in 1700. It represents a bihop's hat linked by an occitan cross to a lys flower, symbols of religion and Monarchy : the 2 main powers at that period, meaning that the bishop was representing the 2.

  • Houses on the Agout's bank

    Pont vieux castres .

    These medieval houses on the river have crossed centuries.

    They were dedicated to skins treatment, with stone stairs reaching the water for rincing, and balconies for drying. The shop and the workshop were at the ground floor, the living rooms were at first and second floors.

    These colourful houses, reflecting on the peaceful river, give a certain charm to the city.

  • Nayrac's hotel

    Place Jean Pierre Gabarrou, Castres, France .

    This is Mr Oulès, already owner of a magnificient house at the crossing of "rue Sabaterie" and "rue Camille-Rabaud", who decided to buy 3 houses around 1635.

    The design and the proportions of the gate and the tower equilibrate and harmonise the whole. The "oculus" of the gate pulls the eyes and teh perspective. The influence is clearly the arcchitecture of Louis the XIIIrd, close to Toulouse's spirit mixing brick and stone.

    Flats used to be in the South side,  

    Nowadays'name comes from the owners of the following century, the Nayrac family.

    It is the one in best state of the so-called "Hotels particuliers", these houses which present a specific architecture, with a closed courtyard at the front. These houses were built by rich traders and nobles.

    On of them used to be the "Edit Chamber" in which the conflicts between catholics and protestants used to be treated.